- Schedule batch jobs to push EnergyWise IOS updates to your Cisco network devices
- Backup your current network configurations before deploying new EnergyWise-enabled ones
- Enable and configure EnergyWise policies across your entire network from an intuitive Web console
- Receive real-time notification of unauthorized or inadvertent EnergyWise configuration changes
Have you ever left the office after a long day at work only to find a conference room with the lights left on? Sure, you do your part and flip the light switch off on your way out, but what if you had a quick and easy way to ensure all of the lights were turned off? What if you could also turn off all the phones, PCs, or all devices connected to the network when users go home for the night? Imagine the total savings you could provide for your company.
Cisco and SolarWinds have partnered to provide you with an easy-to-use, network-based solution for energy management that uses Cisco EnergyWise technology.
Cisco EnergyWise focuses on reducing the energy consumption of all devices connected to a Cisco network ranging from Power over Ethernet (PoE) devices, such as IP phones and wireless access points to IP-enabled building and lighting controllers.
EnergyWise technology gives you a framework for discovering, monitoring, optimizing, advising, and regulating energy needs for your business. Cisco EnergyWise encompasses a highly intelligent, network-based approach to communicate messages that control energy between network devices and endpoints.
The SolarWinds product family enables energy management with a few simple steps:
- First, run a SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor EnergyWise readiness report to find all EnergyWise supported devices on your network
- Next, use SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager to complete a batch update of the IOS for each device to a level that supports EnergyWise features
- Then, select which energy policy settings you want to use to start managing your network’s energy consumption
- Finally, report on your network’s energy consumption and savings from Network Configuration Manager’s intuitive Web console that automatically recognizes EnergyWise-enabled devices