Every database has poorly written or unindexed queries, consuming extra resources and making users wait. When troubleshooting queries, determining the who, what, where, when, and why can be difficult, time consuming, and even impossible if an event happened in the past. SolarWinds® Database Performance Analyzer's Query Performance Analyzer (QPA) feature collects, arranges, and displays all the information you need in a single view delivering the same great analysis at the query level that DPA provides at the database level. Query performance analyzer allows users to turn a spotlight directly on any query for detailed analysis to help find answers faster.
When troubleshooting queries, SolarWinds® Database Performance Analyzer's Query Performance Analysis feature displays all the information you need in a single view.
• The waits and associated times this query experienced
• Any query advice discovered during an analysis of this statement
• Any table tuning advice for this query
• Query statistics
• Any Blocking involving this query
• Plan changes from the optimizer
• And resource metrics associated with the predominant waits observed
From this view, you can also:
• Adjust your timeframe
• Add additional resource metrics
• Look at the SQL properties to rename or exclude it from charting or analysis
• View the SQL text
• And view supporting dimensional information like client machines, database users, files, programs, and more
Get the data you need to quickly troubleshoot poor query performance in just a single click with SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer.