1. Do you want to set up email notifications now?
To set up email notifications, follow these steps:
- In the SEM web console, click Manage > Appliances. Click the gear icon to the left of the appliance’s name, then select Connectors.
- In the search bar, type email. Click the gear icon next to "Email Active Response," and then choose New.
- Complete the Email Active Response form by providing details about your environment: mail host, port, protocol, return address, return display name. The authentication user name and password fields are optional and only required if your server requires authentication. In most environments you can leave this blank.
- Type an email address in the Test Email Address field, and then click Save.
- Start the connector by clicking the gear icon next to the newly created connector, and then choose Start.
- To send a test message, click the envelope button next to the Test E-mail Address field. If you do not receive the email, verify that your email server is accepting emails from the SEM virtual appliance. You may need to add the SEM virtual appliance as an authorized relay in MS Exchange.
- After configuring the email connector, assign email address contact information to SEM users.
- Click Build in the top navigation bar and choose Users.
- Edit a user account to add email addresses for that account. Note, if you are using Active Directory, email addresses are automatically added. For details about configuring Active Directory users, refer to this KB.