Efficiently allocate your IP address space into correctly-sized subnets
SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) provides a Subnet Allocation Wizard to help you efficiently allocate and optimize your IP address space into subnets that are sized appropriately for the extent and traffic of your network.
It takes a supernet address, a Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR), and a desired subnet size and displays a list of available subnets.
With the Subnet Allocation Wizard, you can:
- Specify your supernet, desired subnet size, retrieve a list of possible subnets, and see which subnets are open in a given supernet
- Ensure not to create duplicate subnets
- Save time by using a built-in subnet calculator within SolarWinds IPAM
Easily create powerful alerts to monitor your IP space utilization
SolarWinds IPAM enables you to quickly and easily configure powerful alert engines to respond to hundreds of different scenarios, including multiple condition checks of your IP address space. These alerts help you recognize and correct issues before your users experience fault or performance issues.
IPAM’s IP address alerts allow you to get immediate insight into the status and performance of your subnets and DHCP scopes. Some sample alerts triggered by SolarWinds IPAM are:
- High DHCP Scope Usage Monitoring. This alert will write to SolarWinds IPAM event log when a scope’s usage surpasses 75%.
- High Subnet Usage Monitoring.This alert will write to SolarWinds IPAM event log when a subnet's usage surpasses 75%.
- Additionally, IPAM can automatically escalate alerts until a problem is resolved or acknowledged.
Quickly organize your IP address space with drag-and-drop, user-defined grouping
IPAM allows you to organize your IP space with ease. The drag-and-drop interface means you can quickly create groups that can contain any number of other groups, supernets, subnets, or individual IP addresses.
This user-defined grouping is ideal for segmenting networks in a way that makes sense for your company’s specific needs in order to streamline management.
- Group IP addresses by department, geography, device vendor, or your own custom fields
- Drag and drop other groups, subnets, and supernets into groups as required to organize your network
Import IP addresses and subnets from spreadsheets with ease
IPAM simplifies the process of importing all your IP addresses and subnets. Using a simple-to-use Import Wizard, you can now upload all your IP addresses and subnets from Excel (.xls, .xlsx) or .csv spreadsheets.
The wizard will walk you through a series of simple steps and provide the functionality to manage the spreadsheet data that is uploaded. With SolarWinds IPAM Import Wizard, you can:
- Import IP addresses and settings from an Excel or .csv file
- Automatically create new subnets upon import
- Import group, supernet, and subnet tree hierarchy