Extend the power of Microsoft Windows® Server Update Services (WSUS) with patch management for 3rd party applications
SolarWinds Patch Manager extends the capabilities of Microsoft WSUS, offering a powerful solution for deploying, managing, and reporting on Microsoft and 3rd party patches on tens of thousands of workstations and servers enterprise-wide. Patch Manager uses your existing WSUS infrastructure to create a flexible, powerful enterprise patch management solution that is extremely cost-effective.
Managing patches for 3rd party applications is a time-consuming, tedious, and continuous task that often requires hours upon hours or even days of research, creation, testing, deployment, reporting, troubleshooting, and more. SolarWinds Patch Manager helps companies that are using WSUS to reduce the hours and headaches associated with 3rd party patch management by automatically providing pre-built, tested, and ready-to-deploy packages for common 3rd party applications. What’s more, Patch Manager leverages the Microsoft WSUS infrastructure to enable deployment, management, and reporting for 3rd party patches – right along with your Microsoft patches – all from a central point of control.
More than just a patch catalog…
Unlike other solutions that offer just a patch management catalog, SolarWinds Patch Manager gives you key management capabilities that help you simplify the entire patch management process from patch notification, to import/synchronization, to publishing, approvals, deployment, scheduling, reboots, and more. Then, with SolarWinds Patch Manager’s reporting, you can quickly determine that every patch is implemented as required.
SolarWinds Patch Manager provides these 3rd party patch management benefits for WSUS environments:
- Extend WSUS to deploy, manage, and report on both Microsoft and 3rd party patches and applications fro
m a central point of control
- Receive pre-built and tested “WSUS-ready” update packages, saving you hours of manual research, testing, and implementation time, and publish to WSUS and deploy on your schedule
- Receive automatic email or “Outlook® style” alerts when new patches become available from vendors and when patches are synchronized
- Choose the 3rd party patches your company needs and exclude those that are not needed, and then add links to other catalogs
- Automatically synchronize the 3rd Party Updates Catalog and other catalogs on a schedule that is convenient for your organization
- Create your own packages to deploy any MSI, MSP, or EXE through WSUS
- Use PackageBoot to configure pre- and post-patch deployment actions including stop-and-start services, to bundle multiple files in a package, and to run uninstalls or custom scripts
- Gain total control of update management with immediate updates, scheduling, reboots, detailed update approval management, and more
- Dynamically select which updates or machines to deploy based on groups, dates, location, or other criteria
- Generate powerful management reports by using built-in reports or creating your own
- Quickly determine which systems need the patch or the software you are trying to deploy