Proactively monitor changes to files including size, age, content, and count
A sudden change to file characteristics, like growth in the file size, can mean you have serious performance problems looming. Get ahead of performance problems with proactive file monitoring from SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor (SAM).
- File Age Monitor: Determines when a file was last modified. The statistic is the number of elapsed hours since the file modification date.
- File Change Monitor: Tests if the contents of a file have changed. The component monitor performs an MD5 checksum comparison on the file to verify it matches a previously known state. The statistic is the number of hours since the file was modified.
- File Count Monitor: Alerts if the number of files in a directory has increased over a pre-assigned threshold.
- File Existence Monitor: Tests if a file exists at the given file path.
- File Size Monitor: Measures the size (in bytes) of a file at the given file path.