Firewall Security Manager automates security audits using over 120 customizable, out-of-the-box policy checks based on standards from NSA, NIST, SANS and others.
- Apply essential industry best practices for managing network risk right out of the box and establishing your security baseline
- Quickly determine the critical hosts exposed to dangerous services based on ACLs, routing, NAT rules, and anti-spoof settings while isolating the rules that are responsible for flagged risks
- Schedule audit reports on a regular basis to determine if your security profile has been affected by any rule changes
- Generate PCI DSS Compliance reports to automatically assess all the key control items involved in restricting access to sensitive cardholder information
- Automated assessment for DISA STIG requirements is also included
SolarWinds Firewall Security Manager (FSM) allows you to automatically audit your configurations against a predefined catalog of security checks. Customizable security profiles allow you to base your audit on unique business requirements and corporate policies.
The security audit builds a model of the device using the interfaces, objects, access lists, address translations, VPNs, routing rules, access-group statements, and other constructs that control how IP traffic flows through the firewall. If checks have been flagged for risks, a full drill-down capability isolates the root cause in the rulebase to facilitate remediation.
Since constant change is an opportunity for a misconfiguration or a new network exposure to be introduced, Firewall Security Manager also supports continuous compliance with scheduled reporting to identify how changes to the network may affect your security profile.
In addition, SolarWinds FSM covers all PCI DSS control items that evaluate how cardholder data has been segmented from the rest of the network, and provides comprehensive information on violations, including the responsible rules.