Simulate adding more resources to the virtual environment
- Click Capacity Planning > Advanced options > Calculation Settings.
- In the Reserved/Additional hosts section, specify the following:
- The number of hosts to add
- The number of CPUs per host
- The speed of each CPU
- The memory per host
- The shared disk space per host
- The IOPS measurement of the disk
- The Net I/O
- Click Update to see how the new resources affect the number of VMs you can add.
The settings are saved in the resource container. To save the specifications, make sure that you save the resource container.
The total extra resources added to the resource container are the resources per host multiplied by the number of hosts.