Build complex search queries
By using the interactive query builder, you can construct complex search queries. To start the query builder, click Advanced Search on the search bar.
In some cases, Virtualization Manager can enumerate all the filter values for your environment. Click the drop-down menu next to the filter text to list all the available values.
In addition to matching a single fixed value, filters can match ranges. For example, “>512 MB” specifies all virtual machines configured with more than 512 MB of memory. Filters can also specify multiple requirements. The requirement “>512 MB <2 GB -1 GB” matches all virtual machines with more than 512 MB and less than 2 GB of memory, but excludes those with exactly 1 GB of memory.
Add filters to a search query
The available filter types are:
- An attribute filter, which is based on data collected by Virtualization Manager. You can filter these attributes based on the environment.
- A label filter, which is based on custom labels defined in Virtualization Manager. For more information, see Use custom labels to group items.
To add a filter:
- Click Add Attribute Filter or Add Label Filter.
- Select the filter from the list, and click OK.
- Click Pick Sorting Field to specify the attribute by which the results will be ordered.
- Click Test to test your query. The summary of the results is displayed, but the contents of the search screen do not change.
- If the test is successful, click Run to execute the search query. This action overwrites the current query.
For examples, see Search query reference.