Update a federated collector
Any federated collectors from versions earlier than 4.0 must be shut down and replaced with the new federated collector. To prevent having to remap existing collections to the new collector, reuse the previous Collector Display Name for the new collector.
- Log in to the VMware client as an administrator.
- Open the VMware console for the collector appliance.
configureat the login prompt, and run the time zone configuration.
- After configuring the time zone, note the collector's name.
- In the VMware client, shut down and delete the old collector.
- Extract the contents of the Collector .zip archive file.
- In the VMware client, deploy the new federated collector appliance from the OVF template.
- Power on the federated collector, and configure it through the console with your network settings.
- Log in to the administration website of the new collector (
- Click the SolarWinds Data Collector tab.
- In the Collector Timezone field, select the time zone of the main SolarWinds Virtualization Manager.
- In the Collector Hostname field, enter the host name you want to use for this collector.
- In the Collector Display Name field, enter the display name of the previous collector.
- In the SolarWinds Virtualization Manager Server Address field, enter the host name or IP address of the main SolarWinds Virtualization Manager.
- Click Configure Now.