Test local WMI on the target server
Test the local WMI on the target server to ensure that the Hyper-V host can be reached and monitored remotely. The test software, WBEMTest, is included with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Log in to the target server with an administrator account.
- Click Start > Run, enter
wbemtest.exe, and click OK.
The Windows Management Instrumentation Tester is displayed.
- Click Connect.
root\cimv2in the Namespace field, and click Connect.
- Click Enum Classes.
- Click Recursive, and click OK.
Do not enter a superclass name.
- If the WMI class you are querying appears in this list, local WMI services are working correctly. In this case, test remote WMI as described in Test WMI on the target server remotely.
- If the list does not appear or does not contain the WMI class you want, WMI is not working correctly. In this case, see Reset the WMI performance counters.
- Click Close, and click Exit.