Test the connection between the Hyper-V host and Virtualization Manager
Test the connection to ensure that Virtualization Manager can connect to and collect data from the Hyper-V host.
To test the connection, create a discovery job specifically for each target Hyper-V host. Run the discovery job after each change to test the connection.
If you use different credentials for different hosts, you can request a domain administrator account to perform these tests.
Add a new discovery job
- Log in to Virtualization Manager as an administrator.
- Click Setup > Administration > Credentials.
- Ensure that the correct Hyper-V credentials are entered.
You must add each credential separately.
- Click Setup > Administration > Data Sources.
- Click Add > Add Hyper-V hosts
- Enter a group name, and click Add Hosts.
- Enter the IP address of the monitored Hyper-V host, and click Save.
- Click Save again to begin the first discovery job.
The first time you add the host, discovery runs automatically.
Run an existing discovery job
- Click Setup > Administration > Discovery Jobs.
- Select the discovery job you made.
- Click Run Now.
If Virtualization Manager can discover VMs, run the associated collection schedule to begin the information gathering process.