Search for objects in Virtualization Manager
In Virtualization Manager, you can search for both the performance and configuration details of item types such as:
- Data stores
- Virtual machines
The Search bar is at the top of the Virtualization Manager user interface.
Execute and save a search query
- Select the type of objects you want to search for from the list.
- Enter the search query in the search bar.
- Click Search.
- To save an executed search query, click Save as, and provide the required information.
For example, to search for nodes that have been added to the system recently, run the search query:
vm.internal.dateCreated:[now-7days TO *]
After running the query, you can build alerts based on the results. For more information, see Create and configure alerts.
View detailed information about search results
Click an item in the search result list to open the Details page.
This page displays information about virtualization resources including:
- Performance metrics
- Active alerts on the resource
- The relationship of the resource to other items of the virtual infrastructure
Execute a saved search
- Click Load in the search results page. The saved queries in your private folders are displayed by default.
- Search for a saved query by name, or filter by tags for a saved query, and click OK.