Configure alert notifications
You can configure an alert to send a notification when it is lowered, raised, or is active. You can configure the way an alert sends notifications of status changes on the Notifications tab.
- Click Notifications on the Create a New Alert page.
- Select the notification frequency:
- Select Notify on consecutive events to receive a notification each time the alert status is raised, lowered, or active.
- Select Notify only when raised to receive a notification only when the alert is raised.
- Specify the email address where the alert notification is sent. You can specify multiple addresses separated by a comma.
To send email notifications, configure an SMTP server as described in Configure an SMTP server to enable the sending of reports and notifications.
Configure external alert actions
When an alert is triggered, it can run an external action to fix an issue, or file a ticket into a ticketing system. To select an action to execute when the alert is triggered, click Pick an Action. To disassociate an action currently associated with an alert, click Remove the Action.
Configure notification values and recommendations
- In the Notification value section, specify the details of the alert notification email.
- In the Recommendation section, you can provide additional details and recommended actions that will be included in the alert notification email.