Migrate Virtualization Manager data to a new virtual appliance
Use the migration tool to move your data from an existing instance of Virtualization Manager to a new virtual appliance.
If the existing database is larger than 60 GB and you are migrating to a thin-provisioned virtual machine, ensure that the provisioned disk size is large enough to hold the data. The recommended size is the existing database plus 50%. Restart the virtual appliance after changing the disk size and before moving the data.
- Follow the instructions to install a virtual appliance on vSphere or Hyper-V:
- Set the time zone of the new appliance to match the time zone of the existing appliance:
- In the console, use the arrow keys to select Set Timezone, and press Enter.
- Select the same time zone as the time zone of the existing virtual appliance from which you are migrating.
- Enter ‘
1’ when prompted to confirm the time zone.
- Restart the virtual machine.
- Log in to the administration website of the new installation (
https://ipAddress:5480) as user
- Click SolarWinds Mgmt > Migrate Data From Old Hyper9.
- Select Prepare source appliance for migration, and enter the user name and password of the source appliance.
- Enter the host name or IP address of the existing virtual appliance that you are migrating from in the text field of Step 2.
- Click Perform Migration.
The migration tool moves your data to the new virtual appliance.