Tips and tricks
The following are tips and tricks for using the VMAN appliance:
- Base new trends on existing trends. Choose a trend under Explore > Content, and then modify the evaluation criteria. For more information about creating trends, see Create trends to track changes in the environment.
- To control what information users see by default, set up default dashboards. For information about configuring default dashboards, see Create a dashboard.
- To prevent users from modifying dashboards, make the dashboards world readable only. For more information, see Display information about the virtual environment on dashboards.
- If you do not need a particular alert but you think you might need it later, you can disable the alert instead of removing it completely. For information about disabling alerts, see Create and configure alerts.
- You can build alerts can on complex search queries. For information about building and modifying search queries, see Search for objects in Virtualization Manager.