Enable dynamic memory on Hyper-V servers
Windows Server 2008 without SP does not provide Dynamic Memory. For virtual machines running on this hypervisor, the memory utilization graph does not contain any data points. For these virtual machines only information about the amount of assigned memory is available on the Summary view of the virtual machine.
On other versions, enable Dynamic Memory to make sure that the memory utilization graph contains correct values.
- Start the Hyper-V Manager.
- Stop the virtual machine.
- Right-click the virtual machine, and click Settings.
- Click Hardware > Memory.
- Under Memory Management, click Dynamic, and set the amount of memory for Startup RAM and Maximum RAM.
- Start the virtual machine.
- If the guest operating system is Windows 7, log in to the virtual machine to complete the configuration.