Create trends to track changes in the environment
Besides the default trends, you can create your own trends.
- Perform a search, and click Trend Results.
- Select the basis of the trend:
- Select Search result count to create a trend of the number of search results over time.
- Select Attribute to collect data from each search result, and provide the name of the attribute to base the trend on.
Click Find to select from the list of all the available attributes.
- Select a unit from the Units list for the data you want to collect.
- Select an aggregation function to specify whether you want to count the number of values, the total (sum) of the values, or the minimum, maximum, or average of values.
- Optionally, to create a trend with multiple lines that are segmented by some attribute, click Segmentation, and provide the name of the attribute.
Each unique value in the Segmentation field results in a different line in the trend. For example, to see the total disk space used for each operating system, create a segmentation for the operating system so you see one trend line per segmenting value.
- Click Preview to verify the settings of the trend.
- If the trend is defined correctly, click Save, provide the required information, and click Save again.
You can base new trends on existing trends. Choose a trend under Explore > Content, and modify the evaluation criteria.