Manage content in Virtualization Manager
Click Explore > Content to reach the Content viewer of Virtualization Manager. In this module, you can manage, export, import, and delete all types of content.
|Alerts||Used to monitor incoming data and trigger notifications based on rules.|
|Dashboards||Collections of widgets available on the user's home page.|
|Lists||Collections of configuration items (CIs), such as VMs, hosts, datastores, clusters, and applications.|
|Queries||Search terms to find configuration items.|
|Reports||MS Excel or PDF output from out-of-the-box reports or data export.|
|Resource Containers||Used by the capacity planning module to define the supply of resources.|
|Usage Profiles||Used by the capacity planning module to define the usage of resources.|
|Templates||Used during data export to define what properties of a configuration item are exported.|
|Trends||Periodic searches and functions to track changes in a virtual environment.|
Select any piece of content in the Content viewer, and click:
- Edit to change the name, description, or permissions of the content.
- Configure to run the configuration editor for the content type.
- View to display the output of the content.
The available operations depend on the content type.
SolarWinds might release periodic content updates that you can import to your system.
- Click Import Content in the Content viewer.
- Select the file to import.
- Select the privileges (visibility) assigned to the content.
Virtualization Manager content is in XML format. You can open any XML file that SolarWinds delivered to you to import it into the system. After import, the new content is available in the content browser and can be edited, executed, deleted, or tagged.
Export content from Virtualization Manager
- Select the content in the Content viewer.
- Click Export.
- Click Save, and enter the required information.