Configure data source credentials
Depending on intended usage, provide these credentials to the data sources you configured in Virtualization Manager:
- Administrator credentials to Virtual Center endpoints.
- Root credentials to ESX hosts.
- Windows Domain Administrator credentials for Hyper-V hosts.
- Windows Domain Administrator credentials for virtual machines which are Windows Domain members and also open to data collection through Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
Add new credentials for data sources
- On the Credentials screen of the Configuration Wizard, click Add to enter a new credential.
- Select the credential type, and provide the required information for each credential set.
Change the default credentials of the administrator account
For enhanced security, change the default admin credentials.
- Connect to the Virtualization Manager Administration Console through
IP_addressis the IP address of the appliance.
- Click SolarWinds Mgmt > Change Password.
- Click Change.