Create and configure alerts
An alert notifies you if an issue or error occurred in the environment. You can create alerts through the VMAN appliance and in the Orion Web Console when integrated with the Orion Platform.
- Configure the scope of the alert
- Configure the alert criteria
- Configure alert notifications
- Configure advanced alert settings
- Access historical alert information
- Manage alerts
- Alerts in the Orion Web Console
You can access and manage VMAN appliance alerts through Recent > Dashboard. In the All Alerts widget, browse to locate an existing alert to modify. To create a new alert: search against VMs:
- Search for a set of systems to alert on: Apps, Clusters, Datastores, Hosts, or VMs.
- Select the systems to alert on.
- Click Create Alert.
The alert configuration page will be displayed, where you can configure all the details of an alert.