Add and manage virtual systems to monitor
VMware server versions supported for monitoring:
- vCenter Server 5.0 Update 3g
- vCenter Server 5.1 Update 3d
- vCenter Server 5.5 Update 3e
- vCenter Server 6.0 Update 3b
- vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1
Hyper-V and Windows servers supported for monitoring:
- Hyper-V 2008R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
Options for adding systems to monitor:
- Discover your network with the Discovery Wizard: automate discovering new virtual systems in your environment through a series of selections.
- Add a single node for monitoring: monitor a single virtual system in your environment by manually adding it to VMAN.
- Automatically add discovered nodes
- Add nodes using Active Directory
- Configure Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring: monitor AWS cloud instances and volumes.
After you have added these systems, you can manage them using management options through the details page.
To fully monitor and manage virtual systems, you should manage them as nodes. Each managed system counts as a socket against the VMAN license. You can manage the following systems as nodes: Hyper-V nodes, VMware vCenter, ESX servers, and virtual machines in the Orion Web Console. you should add the virtual system as a node. You can add a node through discovery automatically or manually by adding a node.
Add the nodes using Network Sonar Discovery.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Launch Network Discovery in the Orion Web Console through Settings > Network Discovery > Add New Discovery.
On the Virtualization page, select Poll for VMware, and if the vCenter or ESX Credentials are not listed, add them.
Credentials allow you to use management tools directly through the Orion Web Console.
- On the Windows page, add Windows credentials for accessing Hyper-V nodes.
- Complete the wizard and import the results.