Access historical alert information
In Virtualization Manager, you can access both the history of individual alerts, and the history of alerts raised on specific resources.
- Click Explore > Map.
- Select a resource in the map, and click Context.
- Click View Calendar to navigate.
As you move through the time line, hover over the resource to see which alerts were raised during the selected time period.
Besides alert information, you can also see the dependencies of an item over time.
Time Travel information is only available when a single item is in context.
View the history of an alert
- Click Explore > Content, and search for the alert.
- Select an alert, and click Open.
The page displays information about the alert, such as its current state, and its alert criteria. If the alert is raised, the affected resources are also listed.
Click the icons of a resource to run additional actions:
- Click the Plus icon to add the resource to a list.
- Click the Map icon to place the resource in context on the map.
- If you specified an in-context performance graph when you configured the alert, click the Graph icon to view the performance graph for a resource. See Configure advanced alert settings for information about this configuration option.
- If you defined an in-context search query when you configured the alert, click the Magnifier icon to view the results returned by the query. If you specified a sort field when you configured the alert, the results are displayed according to the sort field. See Configure advanced alert settings for information about these configuration options.
View alert information for a specific resource
- Search for a resource.
- Click the name of the resource to open the detailed view.
- See Active Alerts for the list of alerts.
Click the name of the alert to view the history of the alert.