Manage virtual machines from the Orion Web Console
You can perform basic virtual machine management actions directly from the Orion Web Console without accessing your vSphere Client or SCVMM.
On Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012, the account that is used to perform management actions in the Orion Web Console must be a member of the built-in Hyper-V Administrators group.
On Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008, the account that is used to perform management actions in the Orion Web Console must be a local or domain Administrator.
For information about the required permissions on the Virtual Center, see vCenter Server account permissions for VM management actions.
Available management actions
Power, snapshot and resource management actions you can perform in the Orion Web Console include:
- Power off a virtual machine
- Power on a virtual machine
- Suspend a virtual machine
- Pause a virtual machine
- Reboot a virtual machine
- Take a snapshot of a virtual machine
- Delete snapshots of a virtual machine
- Change CPU and memory resources allocated to a virtual machine
- Delete a virtual machine
- Unregister a virtual machine
- Move a virtual machine to a different host
- Move a virtual machine to a different storage
The availability of the options is controlled by Orion account permissions. If an option is not accessible, make sure that your account has the necessary permission levels.
The availability of the options also depends on the current state of a virtual machine. For example, if the virtual machine is offline, the Power off VM option is not displayed.
Modify the account permissions for management actions
- In the Orion Web Console, click Settings > All Settings > Manage Accounts.
- Select a user, and click Edit.
- Expand the Virtual Infrastructure Monitor Settings group.
- Modify these options to allow or disable access:
- Virtual Machine Power Management
- Snapshot Management
- Resources Settings Management
- Delete virtual machine action
- Migration Management
- Click Submit.