This section provides troubleshooting options for the Windows WMI polling method.
- SAM WMI monitors show a status of Unknown
- Test WMI services using WBEMTest
- Manually reset the WMI counters
- Test remote WMI connectivity
- Verify administrator credentials
- Enable Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Configure Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) and User Account Control (UAC)
- Enable DCOM permissions for your SAM credentials
- Enable Account Privileges in WMI
- Disable Remote User Account Control for workgroups
- Add a Windows firewall exception for remote WMI connections
- Determine if an additional polling engine is needed
- Verify SAM component configuration
- Service reporting Invalid Class
Use the flowchart to help determine the issues you are encountering and resolution steps.