SAM views and resources
The following sections provide information on SAM views and resources:
- Application availability and status
- Application Monitor Thresholds
- Understand the AppStack resource
- SolarWinds SAM Charts and Resources
- Component monitor resources
- Event and alert resources
- Gauges resources
- Getting Started with SAM
- Understand interface details
- Node and group resources
- Thwack Community: Latest Application Monitor Templates
- View the Asset Inventory dashboard
- Virtual Assets
- Virtual Asset Summary
- Volume details
- Web service monitoring
Resources provide widgets to query and display data for monitoring your environment. Depending on the resources, you may be able to create multiple instances with different configurations to display specific data. These resources can be displayed in columns on views in the Orion web console. See the help content per resource for specialized configurations, filtering, and usage of the resource.
Not all resources include editable options beyond the display names.
Each resource includes a default value for the title and subtitle unless modified. Most resources allow you to change the title and subtitle:
- Title - Change the name of the resource. Each resource has a default name. Some resources include variables, such as the Top XX or Last XX resources. The XX value displays the maximum amount of monitors to display. Changing the name of these resources can keep the variable from displaying.
- SubTitle - Use this area to further describe the resource. You could use this title to describe the settings per instance of the resource. If you leave this empty, the subtitle may be empty or use a default subtitle based on filtering selections.
Resources may support different methods for filtering and displaying content:
- Maximum Number of Monitors to Display - Enter the maximum number of monitors to display in the resource. The higher the number, the longer the resource is on in the view. The setting displays a number of monitors from 1 to the maximum.
- Filter - Enter SQL queries to further limit the listed data. These filters may be entered using SQL or SWQL.
- Grouping or Group By - Create display groups based on a selected option. Each level is expandable to display additional levels of monitors or objects. For example, the All Applications resource provides grouping options to three levels.
- Order By - Select options to sort the display order of the content.