SAM offers a detailed view of your SQL databases' performance without the use of agents or templates by using the AppInsight for SQL embedded application.
Like any unassigned application in SAM, AppInsight for SQL is considered a template until it is applied. Therefore, it is a member of the Application Monitor Templates collection.
- Details View: Unlike a traditional Application Details view, the AppInsight for SQL Details view is comprised of two tabs, or sub-views, that host a variety of resources and information:
- Summary Tab: This view displays an informative summary about the current SQL instance.
- Queries Tab: This view displays details about the most expensive queries running across all databases on the current SQL instance.
- Database Details View: This view displays details about the selected database.
- Performance Counter Details View: This view displays details about the selected performance counter.
From here, you can select from the drop down menu and choose to display different amounts of data based on a time range, as shown below:
Both the titles and subtitles of each resource can be changed by clicking Edit in the upper right-hand corner of any resource, and then clicking Submit.
Additionally, certain resources allow you to add and remove component monitors from the resource. You can do this by clicking the Edit button, and then checking the component monitors you want to keep.
Pertinent data for each resource is grouped together by default.
For more information, see AppInsight for SQL