Test WMI services using WBEMTest
You can test WMI services to help isolate any faults on the target server. The testing program is a Microsoft program named WBEMTest that comes already installed on Microsoft Windows operating systems. You can use the application on the local server or login to the target server to run the application.
You need to login with an Administrator account to run WBEMTest.
- Click Start > Run, enter
wbemtest.exeand then click OK.
- Click Connect on the Windows Management Instrumentation Tester window.
root\cimv2in the field at the top of the dialog box next to the Connect button.
- Connect, then click Enum Classes.
- Select the Recursive radio button without entering a superclass name, and then click OK.
- If the list does not appear or does not contain the desired WMI class, WMI is not functioning correctly.
- Click Close, and click Exit.