This resource provides a general overview of the selected node. To update the details of this resource, click Poll Now, which forces all Asset Inventory information to be polled immediately. To navigate to the Node Details page of the current node, click the name of the node in the System Name field.
When the listed machine is on Microsoft Hyper-V virtual hardware, certain fields are populated with virtual machine related information. Because SAM collects physical enclosure information from this class when using WMI, the following fields may read as follows:
- Manufacturer will read, "Microsoft."
- Model will read, “Virtual Machine.”
- Serial Number will read a GUID string.
The fields for this resource are defined as follows:
- Last Inventory Collection: The date when SAM last collected inventory data on the selected node.
- System Name: Name of the current node.
- Host Name: Name of the current host. This only applies to Windows hosts polled via WMI
- Domain/Workgroup Name: Name of the domain or workgroup this node belongs to.
- DNS: This is the DNS name of the current node. The IP address of the node can change while the DNS name remains the same.
- Domain Role: Shows the role of the current node. This only applies to Windows hosts polled via WMI
- IP Address: Shows the IP address of the current node.
- Dynamic IP: Shows if the current IP address is dynamic or static.
- Asset Type: Defines the current node as a specific type of hardware.
- Hardware: Shows the hardware status as being either physical or virtual.
- Manufacturer: Shows the company that produced this hardware.
- Model: Shows the model number of the hardware as defined by the manufacturer. This only applies to physical nodes.
- Serial Number/Service Tag: Shows the serial number of the current node. This only applies to physical nodes.
- Warranty Status: Shows the warranty information about the current node with a link to that vendor's site. This only applies to physical servers that are Dell, HP, or IBM.
Note: One alert is included for Warranty Status:
- Alert me when a node warranty expires in 30 days - Disabled by default.
- Location: Displays the geographical location of the current node.
- Device Time Zone: Shows the time zone set in the system. This only applies to Windows nodes polled via WMI.
- Operating System: Shows the operating system of the current node.
- OS Version: Shows the current version of the operating system.
- OS Architecture: Shows the design (32-bit or 64-bit) of the operating system.
- OS Language: Shows the language the current operating system is using on the current node.
- Service Pack: Displays the current service pack installed on the operating system. This only applies to Windows nodes polled via WMI.
- Last Boot: Shows the date of the last boot for the current node.
- Last Logged in User: Displays the last user to log in on the current node. This only applies to Windows nodes polled via WMI.
- Firewall Status: Displays whether or not the built-in Windows firewall is currently enabled on the node. This only applies to Windows nodes polled via WMI.
- Hardware Agent: Displays the Hardware Monitoring Agent Software currently installed on the node.