Real-Time Process Explorer
The Real-Time Process Explorer (RTPE) is available for WMI and SNMP monitored nodes and displays monitored and unmonitored processes directly in SAM. The advantage of the RTPE is that you no longer need to physically or remotely log in to a computer and run the Task Manager to retrieve that machine's vital statistics.
You can view the Real-Time Process Explorer displays on the details page for an application through the Component Details pages and Node Details page.
- Only SAM administrators can end processes as well as enable and disable the RTPE.
- The User Name and Command Line columns are hidden by default.
- Using the RTPE on a node monitored via ICMP, which has no working component, requires you to select Windows credentials manually. Consider promoting the selected node to SNMP or WMI to avoid this prompt.
Pop-ups must be enabled for the Real-Time Process Explorer to be viewed.
To access the Real-Time Process Explorer:
- On the Web Console, click My Dashboards > SAM Summary page.
- In the All Applications group, click an Application.
Locate the Management resource and click Real-Time Process Explorer.
A new window opens, accessing the server and application data with administrative credentials. To use different credentials, select the Use Different Credentials option. All processes list by name with checkboxes to select and end processes.