This chart provides the ability to graphically visualize multiple statistics simultaneously, as well as view the statistics in the table below. The advantage of this view is that you can easily determine how certain processes and services are performing in relation to others. For example, you may notice that a spike in RAM usage results in higher CPU usage. This charted information allows you to get a quick overview of what is being monitored and may answer why certain unexpected events are occurring.
You can have the chart show a predetermined time period of data by clicking on any one of the three Zoom buttons at the top of the chart. Alternatively, you can have the chart show a specific time range by dragging the mouse over a small area of the chart, or by adjusting the sliders in the smaller chart below the main chart.
Once you have a time period selected, the lower chart zooms to the starting and ending values of the selected time period. With the lower chart you can zoom in further by fine tuning the view with the sliders. The main view of the chart displays the selected time period between the two sliders of the lower chart.
The Multiple Statistic Chart can be added to either the Application Details page or the SAM Component Details page.
Add the Multiple Statistic Chart to either page
- Drill down to either the Application Details page or the SAM Component Details page.
- Click Customize Page on the far top right of the page.
- Click the green [+] to the right of the column in which you want to add this chart.
- Select and expand SAM Charts - Historical charts for SAM.
- Check Multiple Statistic Chart, and then click Submit, then click Done.
Configure the Multiple Statistic Chart
- Once the chart is on your Details page, click Edit at the top right of the chart.
- From this page, you can have several options to choose from, including:
- Title: This allows you to change the title of your chart.
- Select a Time Period: This allows you provide a range for your chart.
- Select a Sample Interval: This allows you to select how often the chart is updated.
- Chart All or Selected Statistics: This allows you to chart certain or all aspects of what you intend to monitor.