Monitoring QoE Applications
For each monitored node you choose to add to QoE, you select specific applications to monitor. QoE installs with the ability to monitor over 1000 predefined applications, including FTP, RDP, CIFS, SQL, and Exchange. Selecting one of these applications is as easy as choosing from the list of all available applications. You can also define your own custom HTTP applications.
- Because of the hardware requirements needed to process large amounts of traffic, SolarWinds recommends that you preferentially monitor business-critical nodes and applications.
- You should not assign more than 50 applications to a single node due to the potential for performance issues.
Selecting Specific Applications for Monitoring
Before you begin:
- Applications are only listed if there are monitored nodes. You must first add a Network or Server Sensor before you can enable any applications.
- Applications listed with the Enabled/Disabled toggle "ON" are currently being monitored on at least one node.
- Applications can be disabled (the Enabled/Disabled toggle "OFF") which means that no traffic for the application is currently collected on any node.
- From the web console, click Settings > All Settings > QoE Settings > Manage QoE Applications.
- Click Add New, then select Choose a Pre-Configured Application.
The list of available applications displays. Applications, either predefined or custom HTTP applications, that are already enabled do not appear in the list.
- Use the Search or Group By options to find the application you want to monitor, select it, and then click Next.
- On the Configure Application View, edit the Category, Risk Level, or Productivity Rating as necessary, and then click Next.
- On the Configure Data Collection view, choose the node(s) you want to monitor for this type of traffic.
Only nodes that have already been specified as nodes to monitor on the Manage QoE Nodes page appear in this list.
- Click Next, then review your choices on the Summary page, then click Finish.
Your newly enabled application will appear on the Manage QoE Applications page in alphabetical order.