Monitor and restart stopped Windows services
Learn more about monitoring and restarting stopped Windows services.
You may need to log in with an administrator account to perform these actions.
Create the monitor
- On the Web Console, click Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Component Monitor Wizard.
- Select Windows Service Monitor, and then click Next.
- Enter the IP address of the Windows node you want to browse, or click Browse, select the node from the list, then click Select.
- Enter or select the appropriate credentials, then click Next.
- Check the services to monitor, adjust thresholds as needed, then click Next.
- Ensure that New Application Monitor Template Name is selected and then enter a name for your new template, then click Next.
- Select the desired nodes to monitor and then click Next.
- Click OK, Create, to create the assigned Application Monitor.
Create an alert that restarts any stopped Windows services and sends an email
- On the Web Console, click Alerts & Activity > Alerts > Manage Alerts.
- Click Add New Alert > Configure Alerts.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list in the Manage Alerts dialog, and check the box for Restart a service.
- To send an e-mail notification for the service restart:
- Highlight Restart a Service and click Edit.
- Select the Trigger Actions tab and then click Add New Action.
- Select Send an E-Mail / Page and click OK.
- Complete the e-mail info and click OK.
- Click OK.
- Click Done.
For more information about restarting Windows services with an alert action, see Alert Actions.