Create component monitors from the Component Monitor Wizard
The Component Monitor Wizard provides a starting point where you can select component monitors based on a specific process, performance counter, or service. You can add these monitors with modifications to application monitors and templates for assigned node monitoring. You can then discover and monitor nodes that match the selected process.
Component monitors are a part of the larger whole of application monitors and templates used to monitor applications. Templates include multiple application monitors, which include multiple component monitors, for tracking and providing data on nodes and applications. The application template can then be applied to nodes running the application the template was designed for. To learn how to create an application template, see Assign and edit application monitors to nodes.
You may need to log in with an administrator account to perform this action.
- On the web console, click > Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Component Monitor Wizard.
- Select a component monitor type top add to your application or template. These include monitors based on operating system: Windows Systems, Linux - Unix Systems, VMWare Systems, and Applications.
When using the Component Monitor Wizard, the only component monitor supported for Orion Agent for Linux is the Linux - Unix System: Process Monitor. To create and assign component monitors and templates for Orion Agent for Linux, see the available list here: Monitor with Orion agents in SAM
- Depending on the component monitor you select, a new set of steps display. For example, if you create a Process Monitor, you should select a Target system by browsing to supported systems in your environment. You may also need to select a platform bitness and enter credentials for the target system. Select and enter all required information.
- When you click next, if you entered credentials, a connection test runs. If it passes, continue adding component monitors and properties. Depending on the components, you may need to enter additional server and credentials data.
- With your component monitors set, you can add the component monitor to other application monitors and templates.
- Finally, assign the application monitor or template to nodes in your environment. When confirmed, the node details page will include these new monitors and resulting data.