Hardware prerequisite checklist
Verify the following requirements to correctly display Hardware Health resources used to monitor hardware in SAM:
- The monitored node must be HP Proliant, Dell PoweEdge, IBM X-Series, HP C7000, HP C3000, or Dell M1000e.
- The node must be monitored using one of the following protocols:
- ICMP nodes are allowed for VMWare when the Poll for VMware option is selected.
- The Hardware Monitoring Agent software, (provided by the vendor), is installed on the remote server. This applies for both SNMP and WMI.
Required software can be found in the Monitor hardware health information.
- For VMware, the minimum requirements are as follows:
- ESX server version 3.5, 4.0, 4.1
- ESXi version 5.0
- vCenter version 4.0, 4.1, 5.0.
SAM supports the following systems for hardware monitoring:
- Dell PowerEdge M610, R210, R610, R710, R900, 1950, 2850, 2950, 2970, 6850
- HP ProLiant DL320 G4, DL360 G3, DL360 G4, DL380 G4, DL380 G6, ML570 G3
- IBM IBM System x3550, System x3550 M2, System x3550 M3, System x3650, System x3650 M2, System x3650 M3, x3850, eServer 306m
- HP C7000, HP C3000
- Dell M1000e
IBM ServeRAID Manager software must be installed on IBM X-Series servers for storage hardware health information to be displayed in SolarWinds SAM. HP WBEM providers are required for HP servers polled via WMI.