Enable Account Privileges in WMI
The account you specify in the Credentials Library must possess security access to the namespace and sub-namespaces of the monitored target computer.
- Log on to the computer to monitor with an administrator account.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Services and Applications.
- Click WMI Control, and then right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab, and then expand Root and click CIMV2.
- Click Security and then select the user account used to access this computer and ensure you grant the following permissions: Enable Account Remote Enable
- Click Advanced, and then select the user account used to access this computer.
- Click Edit, select This namespace and subnamespaces in the Apply to field, and then click OK.
- Click OK on the Advanced Security Settings for CIMV2 window.
- Click OK on the Security for Root\CIMV2 window.
- Click Services in the left navigation pane of Computer Management.
- Select Windows Management Instrumentation in the Services result pane, and then click Restart.