Edit the AppInsight for Exchange template
The AppInsight for Exchange application monitors metrics and status for Exchange servers through the AppInsight for Exchange template.
The template includes component monitors with default settings, some of which cannot be modified due to dependencies. For a majority of component monitors, you can modify only the notes and threshold settings for warning and critical levels.
- The primary needs for editing the template is to set general configurations such as polling frequency, polling method, and thresholds for warning and critical states for monitored metrics.
- You cannot add additional component monitors to the out-of-the-box template.
- Some component monitors can be enabled and disabled, a few others include additional configuration options.
See the out-of-the-box template description for detailed information on each component monitor and the settings you can change.
Some limitations may apply. You may need to log in with an administrator account to perform this action.
- On the Web Console, click Settings > All Settings > SAM Settings > Manage Templates.
- Check the AppInsight for Exchange template in the list and click Edit.
- From here, you can edit component monitor settings within the template. See the out-of-the-box template description for detailed information on each component monitor and the settings you can change.
- When done editing, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
To begin gathering metrics, assign to Exchange servers.