Database Size by File
This resource lists the current databases sorted by file size. Moving the mouse over the Database Usage percent value reveals a tooltip with more detailed information about that database. Clicking the value takes you to the Custom Chart resource page. If the Warning or Critical thresholds is breached, the color of the bar chart changes from green to yellow or red, respectively.
- File Path: Displays the full path of the listed database.
- Auto-Growth: Displays the Auto-growth status of the listed database.
- File Size: Displays the size of the listed database in megabytes.
- Database Usage: Depending on how your database is configured, this value is showing you how close you are to running out of space. If your database is configured as a fixed size, auto-grow, or a restricted auto-grow, the percentages relate to what is going to cause your database to run out of space.
- Volume Usage: The value returned is the database file usage in relation to the space remaining on the volume.
Database Files is used to provide metrics for this resource. This counter is not listed in the resource.
The thresholds can be changed:
- From the Database Details view, locate the Database Files resource and click Edit in the Management field.
- Locate the Database Files performance counter and click [+] to expand the counter and reveal the counter details.
- Click Override Template and adjust the thresholds to suit your needs.
- When done, click Submit.