This resource displays the status, as well as I/O metrics, for your current database file. The icons of the listed performance counters in the Statistic Name column change to reflect the listed counter's current state. Clicking any volume in the Volume column opens the Volume Details page for that counter.
The data can be sorted by clicking the headers of each column.
- File Path: Displays the full path of the listed database.
- Volume: Displays the name of the volume of the current database. Clicking a listed volume takes you to the Volume Details page.
- Disk Queue Length: This is the number of both read and write requests that were queued for the selected disk during the sample interval.
- Total IOPS: Displays the current total read and write I/O operations occurring for the database logical volume. High I/O may be normal for some databases, but excessively high I/O leads to higher queue lengths, meaning there are more requests for disk reads or writes than the storage subsystem can handle simultaneously.
- Latency: Displays a measurement of disk latency occurring on the disk where the database resides. High latency values indicate sluggish database performance
The performance counter, Database Files, is used to provide metrics for this resource. It is used in combination with volume polling. This counter is not listed in the resource. You can modify the thresholds:
- From the Database Details view, locate the Database Files resource and click Edit in the Management field.
- Locate the Database Files performance counter and click [+] to expand the counter and reveal the counter details.
- Click Override Template and adjust the thresholds to suit your needs.
- Click Submit.