Enabling AppInsight for IIS
The target machine must have the following:
- WinRM 2.0
- PowerShell v2.0
SAM uses a specially designed configuration tool to make the necessary changes for enabling AppInsight for IIS. Once this tool completes remote configuration, it automatically removes and unregisters itself.
- The configuration tool first transfers to the IIS Server by using the Windows administrative share.
- Once on the IIS Server, the tool uses a custom PowerShell script to make configuration changes.
- The tool then reports back to SAM with the results.
- If errors are reported, you are asked to configure IIS.
SAM makes the following configuration changes
- Enable WinRM
- Enable Windows Authentication for PowerShell's web site.
- WinRM and Windows Authentication configurations are performed remotely from SAM.