Install PowerShell 2.0 on the Exchange server
PowerShell 2.0 is automatically installed on Server 2008 R2 and therefore no additional installation is required.
Download the application:
- Navigate to Windows Management Framework (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=177670).
- Review the information on the web page, and then click the link for the download of the Windows Management Framework Core for your platform in the Download Information section.
- On the Update page, click Download. When the download is complete, click Finish.
- Configure AppInsight for Exchange by clicking Configure Server.
- Open Server Manager then click on the Manage menu and select, Add Roles and Features.
- Click Next until you get to the Installation Type page.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation, then click Next until you reach the Features page.
- Scroll to Windows PowerShell. It likely shows itself as partially installed (square inside box).
- Check the box next to Windows PowerShell 2.0 Engine.
- Click Next and then Install.
- When the installation finishes, click Close.
- Configure AppInsight for Exchange by clicking, Configure Server.