Advanced Manual Configuration of AppInsight for Exchange
Manual configuration is only recommended for experienced Exchange administrators. For quick credential configuration, see Configure AppInsight for Exchange on nodes.
- Configuration changes to enable AppInsight for Exchange
- Verify Microsoft Exchange credentials
- Manually configure the Microsoft Exchange server
- Set PowerShell permissions for Exchange
- Find Exchange URL settings
- Edit the AppInsight for Exchange template
The configuration tool first transfers to the Exchange Server by using the Windows administrative share. Once on the Exchange Server, the tool uses a custom PowerShell script to make configuration changes. SAM will add the Mailbox Search Role to the Exchange server with the credentials provided. The tool then reports back to SAM with the results. If errors are reported, you will be asked to configure Exchange.
The target machine must have the following:
- WinRM 2.0
- PowerShell v2.0
SAM will make the following configuration changes:
- Enable WinRM
- Enable Windows Authentication for PowerShell's web site
- WinRM and Windows Authentication configurations are performed remotely from SAM
SAM uses a specially designed configuration tool to make the necessary changes for enabling AppInsight for Exchange. Once this tool completes remote configuration, it will automatically remove and unregister itself.