Share views with non-Orion Web Console users
Any URL referring directly to a Orion Web Console page bypasses the login screen, logging the user into the DirectLink account. If the DirectLink account does not exist, users are directed to the login page.
- The DirectLink account is created like any other account, and it can include custom views and account limitations.
- If you embed a view in another website, you may need to either disable cross-frame (X-Frame) protection in your IIS configuration, or add the website to the X-Frame-Options header in IIS. SolarWinds enables cross-frame protection by default to decrease security risks. Consult microsoft.com for more information.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- In the User Accounts grouping, click Manage Accounts.
- Click Add New Account.
- Type DirectLink as the User Name.
- Type a Password, confirm it, and click Next.
- Edit DirectLink account options. See Define what users can access and do.
- Click Submit.
Users can now look at views without an account on the Orion Web Console.