Troubleshooting agent deployment
Agent is not able to connect to the Orion server
- Ensure that you can ping the Orion server from the client machine.
- Ensure that port 17778 is open on the Orion server and that the client machine can connect to it.
- Ensure that you are using the correct Orion administrator credentials.
Credential test for deployment fails
- Ensure that the account can access and create a folder at the following location:
- Ensure that Remote Procedure Call (RPC), a Windows service, is running
- Ensure the required ports are open
- If you are using a domain account, use the complete name when entering credentials. For example:
Agent deployment fails
- Ensure there are no other installations in progress. For example, Windows updates prevent other installations from finishing successfully. If this is the case, retry installing the agent after the other installations complete.
- On the target machine, check if the SolarWinds Agent service is installed and running. If it is, the agent may be experiencing connectivity issues with the Orion server. Ping the Orion server from the client machine, and ensure that port 17778 is open on the Orion server. Ensure the client machine can connect to the Orion server web console.
- Install the agent manually on the target machine, and set the permissions correctly.
Agent deployment can fail if a previous installation or upgrade is awaiting a reboot. To resolve this issue, you must reboot the server before the agent installation can proceed.
- Install the agent manually on the target machine, ensuring that permissions are set correctly.
- If a host name or Fully Qualified Domain Name was used, ensure that it can be resolved from the client computer.
- If the Orion server or the additional poller is behind a NAT, ensure that the IP address specified when creating the MST file is the correctly routed IP address the client uses to access the Orion server.