Send a syslog message
- When editing or adding an alert, click Add Action in the Trigger or Reset Action section of the Alert Wizard.
- Select the Send a Syslog Message option, then click Configure Action.
- Under Send a Syslog message settings:
Enter the Hostname or IP Address of the syslog server in the field provided.
Multiple syslog servers should be separated by commas.
- Select a Severity and a Facility from the drop down lists.
- Enter the Message of your alert trigger in the field provided.
Schedule the action by selecting Time of Day > Use special Time of Day schedule for this action. This schedule only applies to the alert action you are editing.
This is often used to prevent an action from occurring during specific windows.
Select how frequently this action occurs for each triggered alert in Execution Settings.
Click Add Action.