Search for Syslog messages in the Syslog Viewer
- Click View > Search Messages.
- Enter the search criteria.
- Click Search Database.
- To group messages for easier navigation, select the type of grouping from the Grouping list.
You can acknowledge messages both in the search results and in the Current Messages view. See Define the number of messages displayed, message retention, and the displayed columns in the Syslog Viewer.
- To limit the number of displayed message, enter or select a number in the Maximum Number of Messages to Display field.
- To view messages that meet your search criteria as they arrive, select a number for the Auto Refresh Every number of seconds field.
Auto Refresh is only available when you are viewing current messages. The Date/Time Range must be set to Today, Last 24 Hours, Last 2 Hours, or Last Hour.