Log the alert message to a file
- When editing or adding an alert, click Add Action in the Trigger or Reset Action section of the Alert Wizard.
- Select the Log the Alert to a File option, then click Configure Action.
- Under Log to File Settings:
- Enter the log filename in the Alert Log Filename field.
- Enter a maximum log file size in MB (0 = unlimited).
- Enter the Message of your alert trigger in the field provided.
Schedule the action by selecting Time of Day > Use special Time of Day schedule for this action. This schedule only applies to the alert action you are editing.
This is often used to prevent an action from occurring during specific windows.
- Select how frequently this action occurs for each triggered alert in Execution Settings.
Click Add Action.
The action is added to the trigger or reset action list, and you can test the action using the Simulate button. When the trigger or reset conditions of the alert are met, the alert is logged to the file with the message you created.