Create network maps
Before you start creating maps, prepare a map management strategy. Consider the following recommendations:
- Map only static objects. If objects move, you need to adjust their location on maps, and it is difficult to keep maps up-to-date.
- Build maps to match the column width of your Orion Web Console views. Rescaling maps in views results in distorting of icons and texts.
To create a network map:
- Start the Network Atlas in the SolarWinds program folder.
- Provide your Orion Web Console credentials.
- If you are launching Network Atlas on the local computer, type localhost into Address. If you are starting Network Atlas on a remote computer, provide the IP address of the main polling engine.
- Click Connect.
- Click Network Map in the Create New section.
A new empty network map will open in the Network Atlas.
Customize the map:
- Add objects on a map
- Connect objects on maps automatically with ConnectNow
- Connect objects on maps manually
- Specify interfaces that determine the status of connections on maps
- Configure display of connections on maps
- Reshape map links
- Add a background
- Save maps
- Open maps
- Displaying maps in the Orion Web Console