Create a custom location property
The Custom Property Editor allows you to choose from a collection of many commonly used properties, or to build your own custom properties. Once your custom property is defined, the Import Wizard allows you to populate your new property from either a text- or comma-delimited file.
Alternatively, if you only have a few individual changes or additions, you may choose to make those changes using the Edit view.
The following procedure shows how to create a custom location property that is applied to monitored nodes.
- Log in to the Orion Web Console as an administrator.
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Click Manage Custom Properties in the Node & Group Management grouping.
- Click Add Custom Property.
- Select Nodes, and then click Next.
NodeLocationas the Property Name, provide an appropriate Description.
- If you want this to be a mandatory property required for all nodes, click on Required.
- Click Next.
- Click Select Nodes.
- Select all the nodes to which you want to assign the same value for
NodeLocation, and click Add.
- When all nodes that can be given the same value are selected, click Select nodes.
- Enter the
NodeLocationfor this selection of nodes, and click Submit.
NodeLocationcustom property is now defined for all selected nodes.
- To add values to other nodes, select
NodeLocation, and click View/Edit Values. Enter the values in the
NodeLocationcolumn, and click Save Changes when completed.