Configure the Orion Web Console for SSL (deprecated)
This information is deprecated as of Orion Platform version 2017.1, which includes NPM 12.1, SAM 6.4, NCM 7.6, and VMAN 7.1.
- Log in to your Orion server using an account with administrative rights.
- Start the Orion Service Manager in the SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features program folder, and click Shutdown Everything.
- Start the Database Manager from the SolarWinds Orion > Advanced Features program folder.
- Expand the SQL servers, and navigate to SQL Servers >
your SolarWinds Orion database server> SolarWindsOrion > Websites in the left pane.
- If your SQL Server is not listed in the left pane, click Add Default Server.
- If your Orion database is not listed in the left pane, add it:
- Click Add SQL Server.
- Using the format
Server\Instance, select or provide the SQL Server instance you are using as your SolarWinds Orion database.
- Select the login method, providing credentials as required.
- Click Connect to Database Server.
- Right-click the Websites table, and click Query Table.
- Replace the default query with the following query, and click Refresh.
UPDATE dbo.Websites SET SSLEnabled=1 WHERE WebsiteID=1
- Switch to the Orion Service Manager, and click Start Everything.
- Change the Orion Web Console port.
- Start the Configuration Wizard in the SolarWinds Orion > Configuration and Auto-Discovery program folder.
- Select Website, and click Next on the Welcome window.
- Enter the SSL port number, and click Next.
Port 443 is typically reserved for SSL traffic.
- Review the configuration summary, and complete the Configuration Wizard.
After you have successfully configured the Orion Web Console to use SSL, you should configure it to require SSL.